small town, about 34 Kilometers away from Multan, has been
historically identified by a shop, called Musan Hatti which
located on Multan – Dera Ghazi Khan Road. The Musan Hatti
was named Muzaffargarh after appointment of Muzaffar Khan as
Governor of Multan in 1794. At the time another town Khangarh
about 12 kilometers away from Muzaffargarh, has a status of
district headquarters. In 1859, it was replaced by
Muzaffargarh as its new headquarter.
Government of Punjab has established new local
government system under the Punjab Local
Government Act (PLGA) 2013 after dissolving PLGO 2001.
The Chairman and Vice Chairman
have joined their offices and new local government
system has started functioning.